Hansi Old Fort is also known as Asigarh. The fort was believed to have been built by the great Chauhan king, Prithviraj Chauhan. In the subsequent years, King Anangpal, Drupad established sword manufacturing centre in this fort, hence the fort came to be popularly known as "Asigarh". Later during the reign of Firoz Shan Tuglaq, an underground tunnel was built to connect Hansi to Hisar. The fort covers roughly 300 acres, but today the fort lay in ruins. Nothing much remains of this once magnificent fort. Since 1937 the fort has been marked as a protected monument of national importance. Cattle roam freely here and the huge open space is a playground for the locals kids. Since the fort is at a good elevation, it offers a good view of the city.
The only remaining walls surrounding the Qila. Locals are slowly encroaching upon the ancient Fort.
Entrance to Prithviraj Chauhan Fort, named after the great king who built it. It is also known as Asigarh Fort or Old Fort of Hansi.
The Archaeological Survey of India in 1937 declared the fort as a Protected Monument but little has been done to preserve it. There are no fences around the Fort to discourage people from wandering in and out of the Fort.
Local boys grazing cattle inside the fort. The fort is around 30 acres in size and offers a fair space for both cattle and frolicking youngsters.
The fort has been steadily but continuously washed away by erosion and negligence
View of Hansi City from the Fort
Last remains of the centuries old Fort at Hansi. There are no entrance fee to visit the fort
The Fort of Hansi, which was once the most coveted object for the rulers to have a control over, is now facing the wrath of time--it's now in ruins and fighting for its survival, all due to the negligence of the government.